About Hemstrought's Bakeries
Quality Baked Goods for Nearly 100 Years!
A Sweet Utica Tradition….
Hemstrought’s Bakery was started by Harry B. Hemstrought in 1920. It was located at the site of the former Marine Midland Bank on Genesee St. in Utica, NY
In 1927, the bakery was moved to 113 Columbia St.
A new plant at 546 Oriskany Street West was opened on May 21, 1967, and the bakery was operated by Robert Hemstrought and his brother-in-law Richard Morgan both of New Hartford, N.Y.
Today, the bakery plant is currently located at 900 Oswego Street in Utica, NY
Hemstrought’s, famous for the “original Halfmoon Cookie” has not changed the recipe since 1920, but the officials of the bakery have kept pace with the latest trends. Hemstrought officials have recently expanded operations into a frozen products division in which fresh baked items are flash frozen and sold for stocking freezers.